Twitter

Saturday, 13 July 2013

Quick cards

I first saw the background technique that I used on these cards on Carol's blog where she's made a wonderful job of using up some of her left over bits and pieces. 

Firstly I swiped various distress ink pads across an acrylic block then I spritzed with a mini mister and waited a few seconds to let the ink blend a little then stamped it directly onto my card.

This is my favourite, to give it a little added interest I sprinkled some rice onto the wet ink.

This one I sprinkled some table salt onto the wet ink.

Thanks for passing by.
Karin x

6 comments:

Carol Q said...

oooh, these are FAB Karin!

Alison said...

They're gorgeous Karin! Great backgrounds...I wouldn't have thought to add rice, but it looks fab.

Paula Jane Atkinson said...

Delicious colours, Karin. Great background idea.

whyducks said...

A great work, really pretty!

Francesca said...

Looks lovely and so simple but really effective. love Francesca

Kaz Brown said...

oooooo another thing for me to try!! looks great.

Blog Archive