Twitter

Saturday 13 July 2013

Quick cards

I first saw the background technique that I used on these cards on Carol's blog where she's made a wonderful job of using up some of her left over bits and pieces. 

Firstly I swiped various distress ink pads across an acrylic block then I spritzed with a mini mister and waited a few seconds to let the ink blend a little then stamped it directly onto my card.

This is my favourite, to give it a little added interest I sprinkled some rice onto the wet ink.

This one I sprinkled some table salt onto the wet ink.

Thanks for passing by.
Karin x

6 comments:

Carol Q said...

oooh, these are FAB Karin!

Alison said...

They're gorgeous Karin! Great backgrounds...I wouldn't have thought to add rice, but it looks fab.

Paula J Atkinson said...

Delicious colours, Karin. Great background idea.

whyducks said...

A great work, really pretty!

Francesca said...

Looks lovely and so simple but really effective. love Francesca

Kazkrafts said...

oooooo another thing for me to try!! looks great.

Blog Archive